Friday, February 27, 2015

Owl Calling

Thank you to all for such an exciting night learning about owls! We saw a screech owl, a few great horned owls, and I was dressed as an owl!  It was incredibly cute and heart warming to see how engaged the children were and hear all they had to share.  They sure did know a lot. Where in the world did Elijah and his brother learn all those facts? They were impressive with their extensive knowledge.  Henry's sister sure knew a lot too! Venturing out into the cold was not as bad as I thought it would be, I HATE the cold. It made me smile to watch the kids running around anxiously hoping to spot an owl! Unfortunately it was too cold but maybe you can spot one on your own this spring or summer. Sandy Willmore, who organized this event and turned my requests into reality has seen a great horned owl in our woods so don't give up! My hope is that the experience will be one to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment